Durango & Silverton Railroad 2013
D&S 482 returns to Durango with it's daily excursion to Silverton.
Engine 482 was built by the American Locomotive Company (ALCO) in 1925. It is a class K-36 2-8-2 Mikado. The engine worked all over the Denver & Rio Grande Western's narrow gauge lines before becoming part of the D&S Fleet in 1991.
482 after turning its train on the balloon track in preparation for the next day's runs.
The High Line of the Durango & Silverton
Perhaps the most magnificent sight in American Railroading
Along the Animas River
Clear Water, Skies and Stack
Arrival at Silverton, Colorado
The blue flag is removed from 482 before another trip to Silverton
While taking water between Durango and Silverton the crew got a shower.
The fireman of 482 waves to the train as it descends the High Line
481 is another K-36 on the D&S roster.
473 was built by the American Locomotive Company (ALCO) in 1923 for the Denver & Rio Grande Western. It is a K-28 Class 2-8-2 Mikado. Here we see it coming around the yard to couple on to its train.
The Best McDonald's Drive Through
473 prepares to switch tracks